Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Upper Limits

Today, I learned that I can push myself to the limit and live to tell the tale (thank you, P90X!). This is the story of June 2011. Much, much more to come.


With that, I may have quite an academic slant starting next week. Classes haven't even started and DevPsych has already gotten in my head. Like when I watched X-Men last Saturday. I consider it the ultimate mind-blowing movie of 2011 (at least at this point) because of the awesome character development that they portrayed. And at that moment of appreciating how the X-Men came to be, I realized that I find Developmental Psych so fascinating because it is about a person's process of becoming rather than just about who the person is.

During that process, we can get a chance to get to the next level that we want to achieve (at least if you ascribe to stage theories). And that process never really stops throughout your lifetime. That's why Developmental Psychology has become more appropriate than Child Psychology as a field. Of course, I still believe that a large part of who we become are due to how we were raised as kids. That's why I believe in influencing parents as a long-term objective. But change is still possible, but it has to be a more conscious effort. So as (hopefully mature) adults, I hope we're all making conscious efforts to make the changes that we want to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment