Monday, October 1, 2012

Dani's 30 before 30

I've been highly prone to mood swings since last week, so I tried to push myself into an up swing tonight by revisiting my positivity project links (yes, I have such a folder in my bookmarks bar). In the process, I revisited this site on The 30 before 30 Project and was reminded of the fact that I can now round up to that daunting number. On the up side, most of the people close to me are a lot closer to 30, so I know I have more time to tick items off my own list. But before an hour ago, I had no such list. With a need to have something to look forward to, I decided to (finally) come up with my own. Here it goes, in the order that the items randomly appeared in my head:

  1. Get published in a local journal
  2. Get published in an international journal
  3. Learn how to put on eyeshadow
  4. Present a study with sole authorship in a local psych conference
  5. Attend an international psych conference
  6. Perform on stage again
  7. Watch at least 10 must-see movies from the 90s and back (sub-list to follow. Take note that I'm the person who watched Jurassic Park just two years ago, watched my first Indiana Jones film just this year, and has only seen episodes 1-4 of Star Wars)
  8. Read all the books that I have so far (print or electronic version, as of October 1, 2012)
  9. Experience living away from home for more than a month
  10. Apply for a PhD program abroad (acceptance date and scholarship not necessarily before 30)
  11. Write a children's book
  12. Find an organization to volunteer with regularly
  13. Reach 100lbs, and stay there
  14. Go to Australia and see a koala, kangaroo, bandicoot and platypus
  15. See the wildlife in Kota Kinabalu (organgutan and pygmy elephant high on priority list)
  16. Visit Mindanao. Yes, I have never been there.
  17. Become part of a socially relevant research project
  18. Create my retirement fund, and stick to it
  19. Climb Mt. Pulag
  20. See Sagada and the Rice Terraces
  21. Spot a dugong
  22. Read enough about all the major religions to understand their fundamental principles
  23. Create a sustainable psychosocial program in Bagong Silangan
  24. Flawlessly play a new piano piece
  25. Complete a photo a day month
  26. Learn how to cook without recipes or guidance
  27. Read at least 20 original classic psychological studies
  28. Open a checking account and write out a check
  29. Let go of old journals and letters to make way for new memories
  30. PS8 :p
Finishing my thesis and getting my master's degree is glaringly absent from this list, because I don't want to jinx it and end up procrastinating until right before I'm 30. So I will finish writing my thesis this year and graduate in April, thankyouverymuch. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your grateful informations, this blogs will be really help for Abroad study.

    ReplyDelete