Monday, May 30, 2011

Why Kurious Koalas?

Illustration by TJ ROCAMORA

Today I learned that the koala sleeps for 16-18 hours, eats for 3-5 hours and just plays with what's left of the day. I also found out that the koala is the only animal in the world with a reduced brained size compared to its prehistoric ancestors. Some scientists contend that it's Australia's version of the South American sloths. But Dani counters, "But its so much cuter!" And I agree.

In this blog, we aim to break the stigma of a koala while keeping the cuteness of the marsupial. Its not a bear, people! The Kurious Koalas aim to learn something new everyday. To be inquisitive, to be students for life, learning in every sense of the word. We can be hardheaded and set in our ways and not be open to experiences and lessons. For my entries, my bias will lean towards trivial things that I think will be useful in life. If there was something I learned in Philosophy classes in school, it was "Never lose the sense of childlike wonder. Ask questions and never stop looking for the answers."

No comments:

Post a Comment